Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just keep praying...

Purity of Mind: Day 6 - Praying through pain
Psalm 90:10
Seventy years are given to us! Some even eighty.  But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.
This is something that I really struggle with...not because I don't pray, but more that I can't just leave it with God.  The thing is I am kind of a control freak, I like to know whats happening and when and exactly how it is going to go, just so that nothing takes me by surprise.  At the moment I am going through some tough stuff, nothing that will kill me, just things that are out of my control, and there certainly is pain and I don't really like it much.  And even though I have prayed about it, and I know that God knows my heart, I still struggle to take comfort in the fact that he has it under control and that I don't need to fear because whatever happens God will still be there.  I don't really know the answer to this, I guess its something that I am still learning, but I guess until then I just keep praying and try to trust...

0 comments:


View My Stats
eXTReMe Tracker

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP