Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Working Progress

Purity of Mind: Day 2 - Who Determines Your Worth?

Matthew 10:29-30 (The Message)
"What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries.

My self confidence is something that I have always struggled with, the way I look, the things I am into, the people I hang out with...everything, and I think one of the things that I have realised as I have started to grow up is how much I control the impact these feelings have on my everyday life. Sure I can compare myself to everyone, but I am always going to find someone better, or cooler or smarter or whatever. But even though I know its a stupid waste of time I continue to do it.

So many times I have found my self crying, wondering why I can't just be happy and almost every time the person I have been crying on has told me that I need to get my sense of worth from God. Like purity though this is something that I have really struggled with, not because I don't know that God loves me and that I am precious child of his, but more because I can't understand why he would want me to be. I know it sounds kinda morbid and depressive, but its true...God's grace and love is something that I find incredibly hard to fathom. I know that I am getting better at living in God's truth about who he has created in me, but its something that I think I will see be working on for a really really long time.

0 comments:


View My Stats
eXTReMe Tracker

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP